Welcome to the Housing Exemption Request Site

The Regis University On-Campus Housing Requirement states that students must live on a college campus for their first and second years (four complete semesters), or that students must be 21 years of age prior to the start of the fall semester in order to qualify to live off-campus.

Current on-campus residents are not eligible for a Housing Exemption because of the binding Academic Year Housing Contract. Approval will be granted for the next academic year only.

Please complete the following so that we may determine your eligibility for a housing exemption.
Class Standing at Beginning of Requested Year: *
Please choose the reason for which you are requesting an exemption:

Explanation of possible exemptions:

21 years of age: Student must be 21 years of age prior to the start of the semester.

Live with a parent or legal guardian: Must live within 30 miles of campus. The student must submit an Exemption Request Form prior to the start of each academic year until the live-on requirement has been fulfilled. Approval for mid-year exemption will not be granted due to a binding Academic Year Housing Contract.

Marriage or children: Students who are married must provide a marriage certificate.

Medical condition/disability: If the student has a medical condition or disability requiring accommodations that cannot be provided through on-campus living arrangements.

In order to process your medical condition/disability exemption request, please have your provider write a letter that includes the following information:

  • A diagnosis.
  • Is the impact of the condition life threatening if the request is not met?
  • Is there a negative health impact that may be permanent if the request is not met?
  • Is the request an integral component of a treatment plan for the condition in question?
  • What is the likely impact on academic performance if the request is not met?
  • What is the likely impact on social development if the request is not met?

The medical professional must include verification at the end of the letter that the information listed is accurate and true.

University Withdrawal/Transferring Schools: Students must show documentation from the registrars office that they have started the withdrawal/transfer process.


By Signing Below I Understand and Agree to the Following *