Explanation of possible exemptions:
21 years of age: Student must be 21 years of age prior to the start of the semester.
Live with a relative: Must live within 30 miles of campus. The student must submit an Exemption Request Form prior to the start of each academic year until the live-on requirement has been fulfilled. Approval for mid-year exemption will not be granted due to a binding Academic Year Housing Contract.
Marriage or children: Students who are married must provide a marriage certificate.
Medical condition/disability: If the student has a medical condition or disability requiring accommodations that cannot be provided through on-campus living arrangements.
In order to process your medical condition/disability exemption request, please have your provider write a letter that includes the following information:
- A diagnosis.
- Is the impact of the condition life threatening if the request is not met?
- Is there a negative health impact that may be permanent if the request is not met?
- Is the request an integral component of a treatment plan for the condition in question?
- What is the likely impact on academic performance if the request is not met?
- What is the likely impact on social development if the request is not met?
The medical professional must include verification at the end of the letter that the information listed is accurate and true.
University Withdrawal/Transferring Schools: Students must show documentation from the registrars office that they have started the withdrawal/transfer process.
Other: i.e. Students who demonstrate a financial hardship (must include statement of support).
Any student requesting a housing exemption must submit all of the requested documentation before a decision can be made regarding the exemption request.