Kent State University’s
College of the Arts, in conjunction with The School of Art,
announce a call for entries.
2014 College of the Arts
Stratosphere: a Juried Art Competition
This year’s theme: “Art & the Body”
Entry Deadline February 28, 2014
A group art exhibition of work by the chosen finalists will be held at the School of Art’s Downtown Gallery (141 East Main Street) from April 14 – May 10, 2014.
The College of the Arts encourages entries from all artists, regardless of their major or experience. Submission must somehow reflect the human body. All Kent Campus undergraduate students are eligible to enter!
Awards and cash prizes will be given for Best in Show ($1,000); First Runner Up ($500); and Second Runner Up ($250). A People’s Choice Award ($500) will also be awarded to the finalist whose work garners the most votes at the gallery.
- Original works in any medium
- Hanging work must be fitted with a professional hanging device (no tape, poorly attached wire/string/fishing wire, etc.). All artwork should be clearly labeled with the artist’s name, title, medium, dimensions, and insurance value. Pieces missing any of the above may forfeit the right to be displayed.
- No substitutions of accepted work.
- All work will remain on display for the duration of the exhibit
- In order to enter the juried competition, you must submit a PDF or JPEG image of your artwork to www.kent.edu/artscollege. The competition is only open to works submitted online, and subsequently chosen, by the judges, to be displayed in the Downtown Gallery in Kent, Ohio.
- If your work is chosen for exhibition, the committee reserves the right to use an image of your work for promotional purposes.
- You must have a Kent State University Banner ID to submit work and be currently enrolled at the Kent Campus at the time of the exhibit.
- Submissions are limited to three pieces per person.