Thank you for participating in Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska’s artVenture! As an artist, there were two ways you were able to participate in this event:
Donating Artist – Artists who are donating up to two pieces of your own artwork created solo without the involvement of Girl Scouts. The Donating Artist may choose to donate 100% of the final sale of the donated artwork, or split 50/50 between the council.
Collaborating Artist – Artists who worked with a small group of Girl Scouts to collaborate and create a piece of artwork for the event. 100% of the proceeds from collaboration artwork benefits Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska.
Dates to Remember
- Mid-January – Collaborating Artists matched with Girl Scouts
- Late January–March – Collaboration (meetings) taking place
- March 1 – Artwork Details Form due from donating artists—by sharing your details early, we will have the opportunity to promote your work via social media and potentially include your piece in our printed program
- March 31 – Artwork Details Form due from collaborating artists
- April 3 – Artists outside the Omaha area deadline to drop off artwork at nearest Spirit of Nebraska Service Center or staff member*
- April 20 – Artwork dropoff at UNO Mammel Hall (6708 Pine St, Omaha) from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- April 22 – artVenture reception and silent auction
*Unless other arrangements are made in advance.
artVenture Artwork Content Policy
While the interpretation of art is subjective, artwork (collaborative or donated) submitted for artVenture may not contain depictions of nudity, violence, or overt political statements. Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska reserves the right to exclude artwork we may consider to be inappropriate for minors.