Thank you for participating in Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska’s artVenture! As an artist, there were two ways you were able to participate in this event:
- Collaborating Artist: Artists who worked with a small group of Girl Scouts to collaborate and create a piece of artwork for the event. 100% of the proceeds from collaboration artwork benefits Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska.
- Donating Artist: Artists who are donating up to two pieces of your own artwork created solo without the involvement of Girl Scouts. The Donating Artist may choose to donate 100% of the final sale of the donated artwork, or split 50/50 with the council.
Dates to Remember
- Mid-December: Collaborating Artists matched with Girl Scouts
- Mid-January–Mid-March: Collaboration (meetings) taking place
- Two Weeks Post-Collaboration: Artwork Details Form due from collaborating artists with March 15 the final date these will be accepted
- March 31: Artwork Details Form due from donating artists—by sharing your details early, we will have the opportunity to promote your work via social media and potentially include your piece in our printed program
- April 1: Deadline for artists outside the Omaha area to drop off artwork at nearest Spirit of Nebraska Service Center or staff member*
- April 18: Artwork drop off for Omaha-area artists at UNO Mammel Hall (6708 Pine St, Omaha) from 12 to 8 p.m.
- April 20: artVenture reception and silent auction
*Unless other arrangements are made in advance.
artVenture Artwork Content Policy
While the interpretation of art is subjective, artwork (collaborative or donated) submitted for artVenture may not contain depictions of nudity, violence, or overt political statements. Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska reserves the right to exclude artwork we may consider to be inappropriate for minors.
If you have any questions, please email us or call 402.779.8240.