Qualification Guidelines Effective 7/1/2023
Applications are required for all adult occupants 18 years of older and all lease holders must be 18 years or older
Identify and Citizenship:
Verified Current State Issued ID & Social Security Number (Card) Required
Each person over age 18 is required to have a criminal background check completed by our system. If your application is rejected based on the discovery of public records that indicate an unacceptable criminal background; you will be given the name, address and phone number of the consumer reporting agency that provided this information.
Housing Choice Voucher Recipients:
- All documents from HA must be competed and delivered to the HA Caseworker by the applicant
- Applicants are responsible for verifying their approved Housing amounts and utilities prior to application
- Gross verifiable income for all applicants must be a minimum combined 3x the monthly marketed rent
- Proof of Documented Employment and Income
- Copies of recent W-2, 1099 and bank statements must be received with application for income consideration
- Employment contracts, letters, or statements of income
- Copies of social security, pension checks, disability or savings accounts
- Ordered child support or alimony
- Student financial aid report and trust funds
- 24 months of positive verifiable residential history required
- Mortgage history can be considered in lieu of rental history
- Personal references not accepted
- NO current EVICITONS or within 24 months
It is highly recommended that all residents carry liability insurance equaling $100,000.00. Insurance can be obtained from any licensed insurance agency. NOTE: In some cases, liability insurance will be required.
$500 Holding Fee: Due within 24 Hours of Application Approval and Resident Acceptance
The applicant may requests the property be taken off the market by paying a $500 Holding Fee. By paying the Holding Fee the applicant acknowledges that the Holding Fee is non-refundable if the applicant fails to take possession at no fault of the owner, i.e. HA voucher change, failure to turn in documents on time to complete application or change of mind prior to signing. The funds from the holding fee will be credited towards the first full month’s rent.
Pet Application and Fee:
All pet friendly homes require a pet application to be completed and upon approval will require a pet fee of $750.00.
Management may require a higher security deposit for purposes of acceptance, based on the overall application.
There are instances of which there may be multiple applications. Our office will advise when we are aware of multiple applications. All applications will be reviewed and processed accordingly.