As part of your application for residency that will be prepared for Simple Property Management , you need to fill out the proceeding background questionnaire so that the company can conduct a background check about you. As part of that process, you will need to electronically sign a Notice and Authorization form ("Authorization Form") consenting to these checks. This Authorization Form will allow Resident Research, LLC, to verify the information you provide and share its results with Simple Property Management.
The questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and we recommend that you double check the information you provide to ensure there is no delay with your application for residency.
An associate from Resident Research, LLC may contact you for additional information during the verification process. Please respond promptly so the background verification can be completed as quickly as possible so as not to delay the approval process.
If you need any assistance while filling out the application you may contact Simple Property Management or our background screening agency, Resident Research, LLC, at 800-566-2320 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
An order summary page will confirm the information that you have submitted allowing you to review your order and make any necessary changes. Please be careful to double check all the information you provide. Once you place the order, you will not be able to modify or change it.
This Rental Application Fee Disclosure Statement
(“Disclosure Statement”) outlines certain information related to your rent application fee.
You are notified of and acknowledge and agree to the following:
- Prior to paying the rental application fee, you have received a copy of the Disclosure Statement and all referenced exhibits.
- Your application will be judged based on the criteria attached as (the “Criteria”).
- We have disclosed the rental application fee to you, including in any advertisement and postings related to the available rental unit and the actual rental application fee charged is consistent with those disclosures.
- In the event the rental unit that you applied for is not available, you agree that we may place you on our waiting list for no more than 30 days.
- The screening process for our rental units includes a review of the referenced Criteria, including as may be completed through a third party. The name and contact information for the screening agency used is: Resident Research- 4400 Morris Park Dr. STE M Charlotte NC 28227
- The rental application fee listed consist of the below charges. Applicant acknowledges that we may incur such costs which are reasonable and necessary to complete the screening and background check process.
- $15.00 – 1 Credit, 1 criminal, 1 eviction screening
- $15.00 – Each additional credit, criminal, eviction screening
- $30.00 – Landlord Verification (2 years), Employment and income verification (6 months)
- $25.00 – Office time to add the applicant to software and review application/background/credit, income and employment.
- $10.00 – Denial notification letters and mailings.
- You will be provided with any paperwork or copies of electronic correspondence generated as a result of the screening process, to the extent permitted by State and Federal Law. In the event that you are not approved for a rental unit, you will receive a notice explaining the reason(s) along with a list of resources that you may use to assist with future application processes. Any correspondence related to this Disclosure Statement will be mailed to the current address provided by the applicant via US Mail.
Within thirty (30) days of receipt of a denial, the applicant may, if he or she believes the City Ordinance has been violated, file a written complaint with the City Manager or the City Manager’s Designee, addressed to : City Manager, City of Grand Rapids, 300 Monroe Ave NW # 1, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, Attention: Rental Application Fee Ordinance Complaint.
Thank you for your interest in our property!
You will be contacted by our leasing office on the status of your application. Applications are generally completed within 3-4 days.
Simple Property Management has a set standards for qualifications. Below are our standards:
Applications are non-fundable. Contact Simple Property Management to make sure your unit is still available.
Income must be 3X compared to rent. (Ex. If rent is $1,000, we need to see $3,000 of income per month)
Good rental references. Unsuccessful rental history includes, but is not limited to: unpaid evictions, disturbances, unauthorized pets, pattern of late payments, damage to the residence or money owed to past landlord.
No shut offs on utilities.
No prior felonies within the last 5 years, MAXIMUM OF 1. No violent felonies.
No sex offenders.
Good Credit History- Bankruptcies must be dismissed and have 1 year of good credit history. If you have a negative credit report of under 620, we may accept a co-signer or higher deposit to guarantee the financial obligations of the lease.
Pets- If we allow pets, there may be certain restrictions on breed. Applicants with Pets must provide documentation that the pet is free from fleas and ticks AND that the pet is spade/neutered. If you have a pet, there is an additional per pet application charge which is administered by a third party pet screening tool. ESA animals also use the third party pet screening tool, but there is no charge for the tool.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Policy for the Achievement of Equal Housing Opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support a program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, or National Origin.
All adults (18+ y/o) intending to live in the property must submit an application and pay the application fee of $40 (no exceptions). Applications will not be processed until fee is paid. Application Fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Simple Property Management highly encourages all Applicants or their Agents to physically tour the home BEFORE making a deposit on the property.
Fees: The application fee is non-refundable. Lease administration fee- $100 is due at move in. This is a non-refundable one time charge. Pet application fee: $250 for the pet background check.
The security deposit must be paid with money order, cashiers check, or some form of certified funds. No cash will be accepted at our office. If the application is approved and the applicant pays the deposit, the property will not be marketed and will be made unavailable to other tenants. The deposit will not be refunded if the tenant decides they do not want the property/unit.
You agree that the property is fit for habitation and you accept the property as is.
The application criteria is subject to change without notice.
Please read carefully and thoroughly complete the application. If you have any questions, contact us immediately.
Applicant understands that multiple applications may be accepted.