A group art exhibition of work by the chosen finalists will be held at the School of Art’s Downtown Gallery (141 East Main Street) from April 18 – May 3, 2019.
The College of the Arts encourages entries from all artists, regardless of their major or experience. All Kent Campus undergraduate students are eligible to enter!
Submission deadline: February 23, 2019
Juror review of submissions: March 2019
Opening Reception at Downtown Gallery and Awards Ceremony: April 18, 2019, 5–7 pm
Open to students and the public
Awards and cash prizes will be given for Best in Show ($1,000); First Runner Up ($500); and Second Runner Up ($250). A People's Choice Award ($500) will also be awarded to the finalist whose work garners the most votes at the gallery.
1. Original works in any medium
2. Hanging work must be fitted with a professional hanging device (no tape, poorly attached wire/string/fishing wire, etc.). All artwork should be clearly labeled with the artist's name, title, medium, dimensions, and insurance value. Pieces missing any of the above may forfeit the right to be displayed.
3. No substitutions of accepted work.
4. All work will remain on display for the duration of the exhibit
5. In order to enter the juried competition, you must submit a PDF or JPEG image of your artwork via an online entry form. The competition is only open to works submitted online, and subsequently chosen, by the judges, to be displayed in the Downtown Gallery in Kent, Ohio.
6. If your work is chosen for exhibition, the committee reserves the right to use an image of your work for promotional purposes.
7. You must have a Kent State University Banner ID to submit work and be currently enrolled at the Kent Campus at the time of the exhibit.
8. Submissions are limited to three pieces per person.